Thursday, January 8, 2009

So it starts...


This past weekend I had my going away party. Man oh man was it crazy. Crazy good. Although having so many people there was overwhelming. So many different people all got together, to see me! I felt truly awful that I was not able to connect on a one-to-one level with anyone. Seems that I have so much I want to do, so many people I want to see, and so much I have to do... Yet time is constantly against me. The party was wonderful though for even though I might not have been able to say what I wanted to who I wanted, I got to see so many of the people I love. I got to feel their presence around me and know that were there to share this amazing experience with me. I am so very thankful for everyone who came and took part of the party. To me, it brought others together as well. I look back and remember just watching everyone talk with someone else. Seeing people caught up in different conversations. Great memories were made.



It also made it seems all so real. This whole time it has not really hit me that in a few short weeks I will be in a whole new world. I will be forced to embrace something new, doing so without anyone safe to help me along. I will be going with a group of people but I am not close to anyone who will be there. *I know I have been called a "social butterfly" but stepping out is not one of my stronger characteristics.* This could be a great thing though! Right?? Lol. I hope so. This might be one of my chances to step out of the normal and find something I have been searching for. I am getting excited to go and see how this experience change me. Which you will get to see/ read as well from these blogs...

I am lucky to have all of you back home who will be helping me on this journey. Without your support, care, and love, I do not know if 1. I would be the person I am today who could do this. 2. that the experience would be the same at all. 3. That even though we will be far apart, you will still be there for me. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Yea! I'm excited about your blog! Love the title too. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I can't wait to read all about your experiences there and your thoughts about it all. Love you tons, Sarafina! :)

    ReplyDelete