Monday, February 2, 2009

School...


FIRST!!!!!!!!! It is snowing!!!!! I tried to take a picture but it is hard to tell that it is actually snowing. It hasn't settled on the ground yet. Maybe soon though!


Yup... School officially started last week. So this week I'm heading into my second week. Ugh. It was has a HARD start. For me I had to read three books (completely-cover to cover), three acts of a play, write my thoughts on each, and write about my tour I had on Thursday in Bath. Oh my! So basically NO fun at all this weekend. I still didn't finish every book fully... Too much I tell you. Although my "observation" class looks like it won't help me so I will probably drop that class and just keep Shakespeare now. Kinda sucks but the Shakespeare class seems really interesting actually! I'm excited. It'll be a lot of work this semester but worth it in the end. You can see what my classroom looks like. It is for ALL my classes. Pretty small, but it gets the job done. The people who are letting us rent it give us tea EVERY morning with crackers or little cakes. It is rather lovely.





On Thursday I had my Anthropology 160 class. We took a tour of Bath, in which we were told the history of it. Very interesting! In fact, all of Bath has to be made our of the SAME stone! I guess to unify the city or something. Pretty cool though. We also got a tour inside the Roman Baths (which was lovely because it was a really cold day, and the Roman Baths are REALLY warm). After that, we met the Mayor of Bath! We heard about that history and got to see some amazing gifts that have been given to Bath. It was a good tour with lots of interesting facts. I wish I could remember them all...


I think that that is really all. School has taken over my life. Lol. In fact, you might see that there is a new blog for my English classes up. Feel free to check them out if you wish to see what is happening in my English classes. Although, you probably shouldn't comment on them... I don't know how my teacher will be checking them and he might want just students commenting. However, if you really want to say something about it, I wouldn't mind.












I'm trying to start planning some trips. A group wants to go to London THIS weekend but I have a feeling it will cost a bunch because it is last minute. Plus we go to London in like two weeks! Oh boy! The adventures begin!







So the cold weather has began... of course when I wore shorts! Lol. It is good though. We probably won't have any snow on the ground that last more than a day... According to my host family. We'll see. I like the snow but it will make getting to class a bit more difficult.




Well, I'm missing you all back home! If anyone reads this, can they tell my dad to check this! I haven't heard from him at all! And now my mom and sisters are never online either! Oh what will I do with them! Haha. Okay well thank you to everyone who reads these!










Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love all the work?! Sounds like an adventure for sure. Hope you stay warm. Hmmm maybe we should have gone to England for our snow trip.

    ReplyDelete